two women smiling at camera while holding green goo

To participate in Community Habilitation, the person needs to contact the Regional Front Door intake team, have his/her eligibility confirmed and have that service recommended. For people already receiving supports, their Care Manager can assist them in obtaining Community Habilitation if appropriate. 

Eligibility for Community Habilitation services is expanded to include not only individuals residing outside of OPWDD certified settings, but also individuals who live in an OPWDD-certified Individualized Residential Alternative (IRA), Community Residence (CR) or Family Care Home (FCH). This expansion of eligibility will allow individuals residing in OPWDD-certified settings to utilize services in lieu of part or all of their day services.